Thank you for contacting Schiller International University!

We will be in touch shortly!


Schiller International University is a Servicemembers Opportunity Consortium institution. We can offer military students access to a range of benefits and financial aid. Veterans, active-duty servicemembers, reservists, and eligible spouses or dependents may all qualify for support.

This page provides an overview of the programs SIU participates in.

Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) Benefits

Eligible veterans may receive up to 36 months of education benefits through the Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) program, also known as Chapter 30. MGIB benefits may be used for:

  • Undergraduate and graduate degree or certificate programs
  • Flight training
  • Apprenticeships or employment-based training

Courses taken via correspondence or distance learning are eligible as well as in-person classes. In most cases, you can receive benefits anytime during the 10 years following your release from active duty.

Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits

Honorably-discharged veterans who served at least 90 days of aggregate duty on or after Sept. 11, 2001 are eligible to have a portion of tuition, fees, and a housing stipend at a public or private university paid to their institution on their behalf by the Veterans’ Administration. Additionally, a books and materials stipend of up to $1,000 is also available.

In order to be eligible for the maximum level of benefits, a veteran must have served at least 36 months. Individuals who served less than 36 months will be eligible for a proportional percentage of benefits.

To apply, veterans must complete a new 22-1990 (Veterans’ Benefits application). If they are transferring, they must complete a 22-1995 (Request for Change of Place of Training).

Survivor’s and Dependent’s Education Assistance Program (DEA) Benefits

DEA benefits are for eligible dependents of veterans who died, or who were permanently and totally disabled while on active duty or as a result of service. Eligible dependents may receive up to 45 months of education benefits. The program offers up to 45 months of education benefits for in-person degree and certificate programs, apprenticeships, and employment-based training.

Eligible spouses of deceased or disabled veterans may use DEA benefits for correspondence or distance learning courses.

Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP)

REAP benefits provides additional educational support to members of the armed forces reserves who have been called up to active service as the result of a war or national emergency declared by the Congress or President. Reservists who have served for at least 90 days after September 11, 2001 may be eligible for REAP benefits.

Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve

The Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) program may be available to you if you are a member of the Selected Reserve. The Selected Reserve includes the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and Air National Guard. This benefit may be used for degree and certificate programs, flight training, apprenticeship/on-the-job training and correspondence courses. Remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances.

VA Vocational Rehabilitation Education Program (Chapter 31)

Veterans who have become disabled as a result of service may qualify for up to 48 months of additional assistance with achieving an independent, gainfully employed life. Supported services may include:

  • Vocational, personal, and career counseling
  • Education and training, including financial aid
  • Medical and dental treatment

Chapter 31 benefits are made available to honorably or medically discharged veterans with service-connected disabilities that handicap their ability to find employment. Generally, eligible veterans have 12 years from the first date of notification of VA compensation to use Chapter 31 benefits. You will need to apply for services and undergo an evaluation by a vocational rehabilitation counselor (VRC) in order to claim benefits. Visit for more information.

Talk to Schiller International

Have questions about military benefits for education? Contact Schiller International University today to discuss your personal situation.

call admissions.schiller_hei